|This page is outdated because it has not been updated since the media blackout ended.|
Noteworthy Quotes & Comparisons
- "What you see in [BattleStar Galactica] (Actually its predecessors, like Babylon 5) was an input into our original flight engine design. We're keeping that flavor - ships maneuver within a Newtonian physics model and have lateral and vertical thrusters in addition to the main engine, so the pivoting, momentum-based combat maneuvers we love from those shows are all possible in JGE."
-- Steven "Istvan" Hartmeyer
- "Think walmart shopping trolley... with Jets and guns and no(!) wobbly wheels. You just know you cant 90-degree turn round that corner with that half full trolley. You must anticipate the aisle change, turn early and ease it past the tinned fruit in a gentle arc, gracefully avoiding that old lady... Apply thrust and pull straight.. then gogogo straight to the frozen fish. Same with Jumpgate, minus the old lady... or is it?"
-- vorlon31 (Jumpgate Emissary)
- "Flying in Jumpgate is like driving on ice. Dampeners are like deployable spikes for your tires."
-- Vinegar Goose (Jumpgate Wiki Editor)
- A 2D version of semi-Newtonian flight was first successfully used in the 1979 Atari arcade game Asteroids. Jumpgate's DANCER engine follows the same principle but expands it into three-dimensional flight.
- MMORPG.com's Carolyn Koh reports that JGE is the first flight sim she has ever been able to watch without feeling off balance, let alone play.
- Grace, NetDevil's business developer, is also sensitive to motion sickness and does a lot of testing on the engine.