|This page is outdated because it has not been updated since the media blackout ended.|
Overview of the Concept
- One of the social aspects of Jumpgate Evolution will be the introduction of player owned stations. "POS" were announced in the original press release that presented Jumpgate Evolution to the world, however, as of yet there are very few details available.
"Advanced social aspects of the MMO are available as well, including player-owned stations, complete with controllable economy, updated player statistics and rankings, and the ability for players to create squads with customizable web pages for each. The overall experience is a vital improvement in terms of playability, accessibility, as well as the overall look and feel. We think it's a great example of just how far you can transform an existing IP."
- Player owned stations are often abbreviated as "POS" in discussions.
- POS did exist in Jumpgate Classic but were regarded as a flawed concept for several reasons.
- Stations were invulnerable and could not be destroyed.
- Players who bit off too big a fight in PvP could retreat to their station and hide.
- Stations were not well integrated into the JGC economy.
- All of these issues will be addressed through iterative design in Jumpgate Evolution.
Sector Control Stations
It should be noted that the entire concept of POS may come down to player run stations as part of the sector control dynamic. NetDevil is not yet ready to comment on the relationship of POS vs sector control. If you are a member of the media, please review both pages before commenting on this game feature.