The basic thrust of the Veteran Comments section is, do not treat Veteran Comments like a personal blog. Verified and useful information is valued; highly subjective and useless comments are not.
Through all this, remember that this policy is not meant to discourage helpful contributors. Be bold, as they say on Wikipedia. If you're not sure of something, start a discussion on the ship article's Talk Page. If you are fairly certain of it, edit the article accordingly. Thanks to the Wiki architecture, errors can very easily be corrected or removed later.
Here are a few examples of what a useful Veteran Comment might include, although this list is far from all-inclusive:
- Info on optimum weapon or equipment loadouts.
- Warnings about any problems with the ship.
- Any interesting facts that have not been pointed out elsewhere.
- Blind spots ("in front and ever so slightly above, only a single turret can reach you").
- Special issues ("is effectively impossible to disable due to the engine placement").
What a Veteran Comment should not contain:
- Blog-like descriptions that point out strengths/weaknesses under rare circumstances.
- Speculation about how powerful the given ship would be if a certain type of weapon or equipment was added to the game.
- Speculation about the motives (Lore-based) behind a given ship or weapon.
- Mission-specific comments ("This ship is very useful in this mission under these circumstances"). Comments like these are to be made in the relevant article.
- Highly subjective and debatable statements. ("extremely weak" or "totally useless".)
- Vulgarities. ("a piece of crap".)
- Redundancy with comments already made; if a particular facet of tactics, weapons, or facts about a ship has already been pointed out, don't repeat it.
This article based on: Freespace Wiki